Making Camp Affordable
The Camp Ho Mita Koda Foundation believes that every child who desires a place at camp should be able to attend – regardless of a family’s financial situation and we are committed to making this happen. With the help of generous donors, we are thrilled to be able to provide a number of need-based scholarships each year.
CHMK awards full camperships to families with combined income levels at or below $40,000 per year.
Camperships are offered for the following programs:
- ALL Camp Ho Mita Koda Camp programs
- Teen Weekend
- Family Camp
- Alumni Reunion
- Women’s Wellness Retreat
*CHMK awards a maximum of 1 campership per year per family.
*Priority is awarded to our Type 1 participants.
*Please note that additional discounts outside of an award are not valid and may not be applied toward the remaining balance on the account.
Income at $40,001 and above may be considered, but not guaranteed, for full or partial assistance based on criteria such as:
- Income level
- Household size and number of dependents
- County of residence
- Diagnosis Date
- Multiple children with T1D in the same family
- Receipt of government assistance (Medicaid, SNAP, etc.)
- Overall Motivation
- Recent job loss or reduction of employment
- Loss or change in housing
- Available funding
- Unanticipated medical expenses
- Number of CHMK programs attended (priority to first-timers)
How the campership application process works
- If you wish to apply for a campership, simply complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by the campership deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
- PLEASE do not call about the status of your application. We will contact you directly for any missing information and/or let you know when award decisions have been made.
- Although we try to meet the needs of all families, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide your child with a full or partial scholarship.
- Financial documentation must be submitted as a part of the application process. Please have your most recent federal tax return 1040 (page 1 & 2) available to upload.
If selected, you will be awarded a specific session date and camp. Unfortunately, not all camps and session dates will have space available for financial assistance recipients, so we request that applicants maintain flexibility. Please do not register for camp before receiving an award notice because we are unable to retroactively apply scholarship awards. No other discounts or promotions may be used with camper scholarships.
If awarded, a $50 scholarship deposit is due at the time of enrollment. This deposit is subtracted from any partial camper scholarship fees, and the balance or tuition is due 2 weeks prior to the start of the camp session. If a family is unable to make full payment by this time, they can work with Camp Ho Mita Koda’s office once enrolled to discuss payment options.
How Camperships are Awarded
Our Campership Committee meets weekly to review applications and award camperships until all funds are distributed for the year. You may submit your application at any time up until our deadline.
Upon approval of an application, you will receive an email highlighting the amount of the award and the remaining balance due, if any. If you would like to pay with a credit/debit card, you have the option to set up the balance on a monthly payment plan. If you would like to pay by check, you can send the balance to the main camp office.
Camp Ho Mita Koda strives to provide a camp experience to campers of differing social, cultural, and economic groups than might normally be seen in Camp Ho Mita Koda’s camper population. Camp Ho Mita Koda prohibits discrimination against its camper applicants based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, and religion.