Why Join Our Staff?
As part of the Ho Mita Koda team, you will:
- Make a noticeable impact on campers and their families
- Gain valuable leadership & work experience
- Learn a wide range of new skills
- Make countless new friends who are just as adventurous and fun as you!
- Develop your imagination and creativity
- Swim, play sports and games, and have fun every day!
- Competitive PAY and PERKS for staff
- Variety of POSITIONS to meet the wants and needs of personal and professional goals
- We are the coolest staff around, need we say MORE?
Camp can have an enormously positive impact on children. CHMK strives to create an environment where children feel physically and emotionally safe, and where they can develop socially, physically and creatively. Here at Ho Mita Koda, through building a community of peers and being immersed in the camp environment, campers learn that they are not alone in their diagnosis, that they are capable of achieving great things and can learn to view their diagnosis as a super power. Our staff act as leaders, mentors, and friends. We teach skills in a gentle, supportive way and emphasize values such as concern for others, cooperation, and confidence. CHMK hires staff members who are patient, understanding, motivated, energetic and believe in putting the needs of campers first!
CHMK offers a great opportunity for staff members to meet, work and socialize with each other. Outside of Camp, staff enjoy trips to Ohio’s parks including Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Hocking Hills state park, and many more. Staff enjoy trips to local restaurants, sports games and other local tourist attractions. By car, we are 40 minutes from Cleveland, 3 hours away from Niagara Falls, 4 hours from Toronto, ON and 6 hours from New York City.