Here’s how you can help:
- Adopt a cabin as an individual, with your family, church group, organization, or any combination of ways!
- This commitment involves a yearly or one-time donation of funds that will support your adopted cabin to ensure that it remains up-to-date and source of pride.
- Adopting groups are highly encouraged to come out to camp annually and assist with beautification projects.
Camp Ho Mita Koda has served over 25,000 campers and staff, with countless rentals and guests all utilizing our cabins each and every year. If you love coming to camp, you are not alone! Together, we can maintain and improve our facilities for you, your children, and our community.
What needs to be done?
Our current cabins have been a defining fixture of Camp Ho Mita Koda for well over 20 years. After years of service, a variety of improvements and upgrades are desperately needed to ensure that they survive for many more years in the future. Here is a list of projects that need to be completed:
- Replace front and rear cabin door
- Replace front and rear screen door
- Purchase new, thicker mattresses and frames
- Add insulation and heat
- Replace fans
- Paint the exterior
- Replace the roof
- Paint the interior
- Replace shutters
- And much more!
How will I or my group benefit?
Your cabin will be adorned with a plaque of appreciation with your name/group name. We also honor all adopters on the camp website. Additionally, everyone who is involved with a cabin sponsorship is entitled to one night annually at Camp Ho Mita Koda to utilize their adopted cabin.
Additionally, you or your group will have a service project to take pride and ownership in. The act of doing service together is a powerful way to share connection. Valuable work is being done while your group is building bonds of community. If you feel like Camp Ho Mita Koda has provided you with positive experiences, this is your chance to give back.
Multiple Ways To Be Involved
- Adopt a cabin with existing personal funds
- Work together as a team to raise the funds for your adoption
- Attend one or both camp work weekends (Fall & Spring)
- Tackle advanced beautification projects for group members with special skills