Our rates are extremely competitive, and you have the additional satisfaction of knowing that when you book your wedding with us, you are helping to support our mission to serve children with Type 1 Diabetes. We call it offering a great place with a great cause! Here are more details on ways that we stand out from other vendors:
- We allow outside catering! You are in charge of your wedding – from decor to caterer, and your choice is what matters most.
- We provide some initial set up at no additional cost.
- Your guests can stay overnight in one of our twelve cabins! Again, due to our low costs, your guests will spend less money on lodging than staying in a hotel. This also allows the convenience of staying the night right here on our beautiful grounds. We can accommodate approximately 100 guests. We even have a honeymoon suite available, affectionately called “Doctors Cabin”.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda comes fully equipped with free high-speed WiFi.
- Our full, commercial kitchen is included in your cost. Your caterer can do everything in our kitchen. We have it all – conventional ovens, warmer drawers, walk-in cooler, and grill tops.
- All funding goes to support Camp Ho Mita Koda’s mission to help children living with Type 1 Diabetes grow in mind, body, and spirit through an outdoor camping experience that strengthens their confidence and creates a community of peers.
- Exclusive rental Friday morning through Sunday afternoon
- Rustic cabin lodging for up to 100 people plus “honeymoon suite” cabin for the wedding couple.
- Great Hall, our beautiful dining hall with commercial kitchen, tables, and benches, can seat up to 100 people for a dinner. There is plenty of room for dancing after dinner!
- The Main Lodge porch overlooking camp is a great place for an
- Our on-site facilities manager can provide maintenance assistance if needed throughout the weekend.
- Our pavilion, a large indoor/outdoor space with restrooms, can hold 325 people as a multipurpose space for recreation, an indoor rehearsal dinner, or a smaller ceremony.
- The lower field – a large grass field with restrooms nearby – is a favorite spot for large wedding ceremonies; Founder’s Lake Peninsula is another possibility for more intimate outdoor ceremonies.
- Weekend access to our property’s waterfront, fields, woods, trails, basketball court, square court, campfire area, and more.
- Canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and sports
equipment for basketball, volleyball, kickball, and more are included for an additional fee.
- Extras: lifeguards required for aquatuc activities, use of archery range (certified instructors required), use of rock climbing wall (certified instructors required).
Wedding Rental Information
- Seasonal availability (April – May; August – October)
- Tours are available, please call to schedule
- Alcohol may be served, additional insurance coverage required
- Final walk-through conducted at least one month before event
- Rental is confirmed once the following are received by Camp Ho Mita Koda: signed contract, certificate of insurance, $500 refundable security deposit and 50% deposit of total fee. Balance due 30 days before the event.
- Preferred Event Vendors
- Wedding Insurance
All weddings at Camp Ho Mita Koda are subject to a minimum flat rate of $3,000.
Our one and only package includes exclusive use of the property from Friday at 10:00am – Sunday at 4:00pm.
Use of the lake, pool, challenge course, archery, and other activities may be added on for an additional fee.