What Makes Us Different
Affordability– Camp Ho Mita Koda can be rented by the weekend (exclusive use) for the price other venues charge for just one day!
Flexibility- We provide the backdrop – you choose the rest. You are not tied down to a list of caterers, photographers, or event suppliers. Upon booking CHMK Camp and Event Center, you are encouraged to come back to get reacquainted and re-inspired.
Good Cause– The added bonus is that all the proceeds from your venue rental help our 501(c)3 non-profit support the CHMK campership program each summer!
- Bring in your own caterer, photographer, coordinator, and event suppliers at no additional cost (recommendations available)
- Your guests can stay overnight in one of our twelve cabins! Again, due to our low costs, your guests will spend less money on lodging than on staying in a hotel. This also allows the convenience of staying the night right here on our beautiful grounds. We can accommodate approximately 110 guests. We even have a honeymoon suite available, affectionately called “Doctors Cabin”.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda comes fully equipped with free high-speed WiFi.
- Our full, commercial kitchen is included in your cost. Your caterer can do everything in our kitchen. We have it all – conventional ovens, warmer drawers, a walk-in cooler, and grill tops.
- We have plenty of tables and benches for you to arrange however you please. We have plenty of refrigerator space and an ice maker too. These definitely help reduce overall costs.
“The venue is a great balance of rustic and comfortable; the spaces are versatile, and can be left natural or decorated in some beautiful ways. We loved that it provided the right backdrop for a relaxed, laid-back campout wedding.” – Eric B.
Our guests absolutely loved the idea of a “camp wedding”. Ho Mita Koda far exceeded our expectations and we feel like we made exactly the right choice on this super-important decision.
– Maggie C.
Exclusive Wedding Package
- Exclusive rental Friday morning at 10:00am through Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm
- Rustic cabin lodging for up to 130 people plus “honeymoon suite” cabin for the wedding couple.
- Cabin/Lodging capacities and breakdowns can be found HERE.
- Great Hall, our beautiful dining hall with commercial kitchen, tables, and benches, can seat up to 100 people for a dinner. There is plenty of room for dancing after dinner!
- The Main Lodge porch overlooking camp is a great place for an
- Our on-site facilities manager can provide maintenance assistance if needed throughout the weekend.
- Our pavilion, a large indoor/outdoor space with restrooms, can hold 325 people as a multipurpose space for recreation, an indoor rehearsal dinner, or a smaller ceremony.
- The lower field – a large grass field with restrooms nearby – is a favorite spot for large wedding ceremonies; Founder’s Lake Peninsula is another possibility for more intimate outdoor ceremonies.
- Exclusive use of the 72+ acre property – absolutely stunning natural areas, amazing amenities
- Canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, and sports
equipment for basketball, volleyball, kickball, and more are included for an additional fee.
- Extras: lifeguards required for aquatic activities, use of archery range (certified instructors required), use of rock climbing wall (certified instructors required).
Wedding Rental Information
- Seasonal availability (April – May; August – October)
- Tours are available, please call to schedule
- Alcohol may be served, additional insurance coverage required
- Final walk-through conducted at least one month before event
- Rental is confirmed once the following are received by Camp Ho Mita Koda: signed contract, certificate of insurance, $500 refundable security deposit and 50% deposit of total fee. Balance due 30 days before the event.
- Preferred Event Vendors
- Wedding Insurance
All weddings at Camp Ho Mita Koda are subject to a minimum flat rate of $8,000.
Our one and only package includes exclusive use of the property from Friday at 10:00am – Sunday at 6:00pm.
Use of the lake, pool, challenge course, archery, and other activities may be added on for an additional fee.
Fire Circle: Excellent for gatherings and ceremonies. Seats about 120 people.
Founder’s Lake: Beautiful 7-acre lake is perfect for wedding ceremonies out on the peninsula.
Pool: can be rented by the hour (minimum of 2 hours). Lifeguard included.
Nature Areas: A sprawling network of trails stretches over 70 acres of forests, creeks, and open spaces.
Kitchen Suites: Private Jack and Jill suite with individual bathrooms and a shared shower. 5 combined beds.
Limit of 2 RV’s/trailers per weekend event. There are no hookups.
Kitchen: Large commercial kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave, reach-in and walk-in coolers and freezers.
Humphrey’s Hall (aka the Dining Hall): 150 people maximum, benches and tables included.
- Great Hall: 150 people maximum. Open area with a stage and central fireplace.
Doctor’s Cabin: 2 rooms with 2 beds in each, 4 beds total. Private bathroom and shower. Heated and air-conditioned.
Cabin Village: 8 cabins with 10 single beds in each cabin, 80 beds total. Tent camping outside of cabins is available.
Support Cabins: 4 cabins with 13 combined beds.
- Flouch Cabin: Dorm-style cabin with 9 bunk beds or 18 beds.
- Pavilion: A large indoor/outdoor space with restrooms, can hold 325 people as a multipurpose space for recreation, an indoor rehearsal dinner, or a smaller ceremony.