LITs learn about, amongst other things:
- How camp is run on a daily basis
- How camp is run in terms of special events (trip day, all-camps, etc.)
- What skill set is needed to work with kids (conflict resolution, management, etc.)
- How to communicate with counselors and activity leaders to improve results of programming
- How the camp’s different personalities mesh together for a common cause
- How to properly and safely lead specialized activity areas
These are only some of the topics you will experience at camp. You will find that the camp will blend teaching and experiential learning to give you the best possible chance to grow as a potential counselor and as a leader in and outside of camp.
Become a LIT
To sign up your camper for our LIT program, please ENROLL. Once you put in your camper’s information, our system will automatically recognize their eligibility for our LIT program and present that as a program option for the camp session of your choice.
If you would like more information about the Leader in Training program, please do not hesitate to contact our office.